Friday, May 23, 2014

Painting in 4-D (regular painting)

The last couple of weeks I have turned one of my favorite caricatures of Sammy Davis, Jr. into a painted original for an upcoming gallery show. Above are the first two steps of the painting process. Please come to the Creamery Art Gallery in Springfield across the street from the Springfield Cardinals Hammons Field on First Friday of June (June 6) to see the final outcome. Size: 18x24. All the artwork in the show will be for sale. I'm working on framing it myself this weekend which ought to be an experience. There is something exciting about bringing new life to a digitally-created piece of art that will only happen this one time in this one way for an original piece of art. It will be fun to continue this with other digital creations in the future. I look forward to seeing you at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment