Friday, January 30, 2009

Eagle Tshirt design


Music listening to: random playlist-currently White Stripes.
Here's another T-shirt design I want to print. I can't quite figure out what words to put in the banner. Can you help? I WAS thinking clever - tongue firmly in cheek, but I slept on it and now am thinking maybe something philosophical like what you'd see on a tattoo or something. Possibilities: FAITH HOPE LOVE, TRUTH EQUALS FREEDOM, TASTES LIKE CHICKEN, BANNERS KILL EAGLES. Just joking ... but maybe. I am torn. Any better ideas? Please give me your two cents! I am meeting with the T-shirt printing gurus at Czar Graphics today to see how they can help my designs become wearable. Wow, I feel like a real entrepreneur (French for "business man").

7 comments:

  1. I am partial to the motto E Pluribus Unum, "Out of many, one." Or as I like to put it, "We all live here." But that's on the serious side. Maybe just a nod to that with just the one word that means "one" - Unum??
    Mike B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would it be too literal to use part of the passage from Isaiah 40:31? It's just one of my favorites, and popped into my head when I saw the design.
    Eric B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric, You mean "Soar like Eagles?" Thanks for the insight. I hope to soar with this T-shirt design.
    mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously like your T shirt designs. They’re pretty cool.

    When I first saw the eagle I thought of “Live Free or Die Hard” but that’s a movie title. So maybe something with freedom (Braveheart).

    I do like the “Soar Like Eagles” thing as well.

    However, I would laugh really hard if I saw that shirt and it said “Banners Kill Eagles”
    Jeff M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super rad Mark!

    Here's my two cents:

    Nest la Vie!
    I'm Talonted
    The Eagle Is Landing
    I'm a quarter eagle (that's my favorite pun-wise)

    Okay, so they're all pretty ridiculous, but that's where I shine.

    - Philip Cheaney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lavo, Lavas, Lavamus Simul. It has nothing to do with eagles tho. The term for eagles escapes me at the moment. Not sure they had any eagles in the Roman Empire. Caesar had them killed for being more majestic than he.

    Aquilis antea nunc nobis... means, "Once to the eagles, now to us."
    Libby S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here are my ideas:
    I LOVE MY MOM
    TRUTH EQUALS FREEDOM was good too
    I know I am not the artist like you but this is what I got.
    Maria W.

    ReplyDelete