Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time

#blessed I have had a big year sharing my art in ways I didn't dream possible. In 2015 I did my first oil paintings (since college) and displayed (and sold) them through the Springfield Regional Arts Council at the airport gallery. I also enjoyed adding a new skill of LIVE CARICATURE to my list of offerings. In just over one year, I've been lucky enough to draw at 5 events and meet all kinds of wonderful people. From a business grand opening, to a church volunteer appreciation banquet, to private parties, I gained a lot of experience honing this new skill of making funny faces with markers. Through my drawing at an event by 417 Magazine at the Springfield Art Museum, I was contacted about drawing at a private Christmas party last weekend. Thanks to Kyle and Kaye for the opportunity! They told their guests it was their Christmas card for the year. The drawings sparked a lot of lively conversation throughout the evening and really added an element of "ice-breaker" I didn't expect. Kyle and Kaye have a beautiful home, and if you're lucky enough to be invited to their annual Christmas party, it is a treat. Here are some shots from the party.
The gracious hosts asked me to make a custom stationery to draw on that would include a digital caricature of the two of them. I decided to blow it up and bring it to the party as a gift for their hospitality.
I am excited to see what 2016 brings, but when I look back, 2015 was a very good year! May God bless you in the new year as much as He's blessed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment